Friday, December 20, 2019

Waiting for More Improvements

I have had some ask for an update so this is what I know. Positive notes were that he sat in a chair for a bit twice and took a quick walk. He also asked about home and stated several times that he wanted to go. This is good because he showed an interest in something and talked a bit. Some elves delivered fun notes and yummy treats last night. I showed him the new ball and he reached for it and held it. I asked him what its name was (he names every ball he owns)..."volleyball" not the most creative, but it was accurate so it is what it is. He has slept a lot, and still has pain, but managed to eat almost half of a PBJ sandwich and one whole Chips Ahoy cookie at lunch time; After not eating for a whole week, we will take it! Speaking of which he has actually lost two rolls on his tummy, for real! lol! Also, having an upset tummy led to the disappearance of George for a bit, but fortunately he requested Lucy from home the day before and she has been here to help out.
 I wish I could tell you his chest x-ray looked better today and they took out his chest tubes, but it wasn't. So specifically, we need prayers for a good night of healing, our hope is his activity today helped clear out the lung so we can start the transition from suction to gravity, and then to removal of the tubes. We would like to see him breathing well enough not to require the oxygen. We keep trying, but it tends to fail when he is sleeping. Also, if we could eat like we did at lunch today some that would be helpful too. Those are our current obstacles to move past.

Let's end with a happy Christmas memory... Nessa has has struggled with wanting to be with us this week. She has been at the hospital later than she should be a few nights and yet made sure to get herself up and to the bus even on a few cold mornings. Luckily, she had something to look forward to at the end of the week. Mike volunteered her at the last horseman meeting to drive Santa for the elementary school. She has never loved something as much as she loves drafts and getting to do her thing for such an awesome event made her feel so proud. She told me tonight, "Mom everyone knew I was driving." So I had to admit I asked "everyone" to take pictures since I had to miss it, and they did. This evening, off and on I have received pictures from friends. It has really made my evening, Thanks!

UPDATE: :) So I started this about 9 PM...when Bubba was practicing his roll as the marshmallow man for the next Ghostbusters movie - Fortunately, the issue was addressed and although it has consumed the last few hours, I am happy to report his swelling is going down. YAY! :) Maybe this is the start to a great Saturday. :)

Thank you to everyone who helped out, has sent a note, and most importantly prayed.
We will make it home for Christmas! - The Hoffmans

No comments:

Post a Comment